Mark Tomlinson

Create Your Badge

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A fish story

well, I am sitting on the couch sipping a beer when the doorbell rings. I open the door to find a DHL driver there: "I have a really big box in the truck" he says.

Ahah! Finally, the ginormous sailfish (now mounted) must be in. Sure enough, a 9+ foot crate is soon sitting in the hallway.

I did pop the cover on the crate (did they HAVE to use 1x12's???) and took a couple of quick snaps to fire off to John's cell phone so he could appreciate the effect :) Now I just have to figure out how to:

a) Get it the rest of the way out of the crate.
b) Get it mounted on the wall.

The section of wall near his bedroom he wanted it on, just may not work (it is only 7 feet wide).

Pictures to follow once I get into this mess...
The original pictures of the "catch" are still on flickr

I'll post the mounting saga there as it happens.

Mark