Mark Tomlinson

Create Your Badge

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ballmer blames pirates for poor Vista sales

Ballmer blames pirates for poor Vista sales: "Ballmer admitted to financial analysts that the predictions for Vista had proved 'overly optimistic' and he blamed the pirates in China, India, Brazil, Russia and other emerging markets.

He said his final solution would be to increase the intensity Windows Genuine Advantage as part of an effort to squeeze more revenue from developing nations."

I myself (licenses), my entire family (4-5 licenses) and everyone I know (? licenses) are all just staying with XP. At least until the next hardware upgrade demands a change. Since we just got two new machine in October (cleverly just before Vista became a bundle) it could be quite some time before we are forced to move on.

The reasons are many and varied, but most of the involve getting less for my money and no real extras that I must have. Why pay money to have my computer perform worse and with less functionality that before?

I'll pass for now.