Mark Tomlinson

Create Your Badge

Monday, February 13, 2006

HP hives handheld division off

HP hives handheld division off

I have blogged about this previously, but HP is--sadly--getting everything they deserve. Their product qulaity has gone decidedly down hill in my opinion. This is an opinion grounded in the observation of the products I have purchased from them over the past 8 years. It has degraded to the point that I will not be buying anything else with their logo (any of them) again. Is the Dell handheld a better unit than the HP/iPaq? Not really, but at least Dell backs their with a warranty that goes beyond 30-days. Extended warranty you say? Compare the prices and say no more. Am I am huge fan of Dell? Hardly, but their handheld division at least seems to be doing OK from a support standpoint.