Mark Tomlinson

Create Your Badge

Monday, December 04, 2006

Wired News: Why Gears of War Rocks

Wired News: Why Gears of War Rocks: "And the game really is awesome. Indeed, it is staggeringly, derangedly so. I popped Gears of War into my Xbox 360 and sat in a cybernetic haze for three straight hours, emerging with my stomach in fist-size knots, so emotionally and cognitively depleted that I had to consult the instructions on the side of the box before I was able to cook a bag of microwave popcorn -- which, come to think of it, was my only meal for the rest of the evening because I had to go back and play until I collapsed."


OK, that may be a *bit* extreme :) but it is quite good. Good enough that after wining on one difficulty level, you simply...must...go for the next.

Insane, indeed.