Mark Tomlinson

Create Your Badge

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sand in the Gears - Archives

Sand in the Gears - Archives: "'I Believe I Can Fly' may be an uplifting song, but it's a stupid life philosophy. You can't fly. If you study about ten times harder, and have an ounce of common sense, and work really long hours, then perhaps you can build yourself a plane, and then you can fly. Otherwise, get used to walking."

My first reaction was to mutter "how droll", but then... I realized that this IS NOT obvious to most kids today. So I guess it isn't really funny after all.

Walt Disney said "If you can dream it, you can do it" notice... he didn't say "If you can dream it, it will happen". Nope, good old fashioned hard work lies between those two points in a very straight line. I do think that if you really believe in a goal and want it bad enough, you will be able to make the right choices that allow you to accomplish that goal. I don't imagine that it will stumble across YOU. The stars may be within our reach, but they don't fall in your lap. You have to climb the damn ladder...